Tuesday 4 March 2008

Foxgloves & Jacob's Ladder

I made a couple of necklaces last night which I'm quite pleased with. My sister had made some gorgeous large lampwork flowers which I've added the usual brass and copper to.

Got quite frustrated as my favourite pliers are not well. (see previous comment on the last post)

Anyway here are the herbal pretties, the Jacobs Ladder pendant inspired by Patrick Wolf:

Jacob the ladder is falling down
Heaven is out of reach for us now
golden gates the closing clouds
Jacob the ladder has fallen down

Patrick Wolf.







As the foxglove loves the fur of the bee
flushed and spotted, long-throated with longing,
I love you, honey, let me smear your face with pollen,
take fur inside me mouth and belly --
oh it's been too long, the sun has swung around and around
and all my dews are gone,
but bid me and I'll open sudden as a rock-spring,
I'll bloom like a wadi, only touch me and I'm milk and honey,
your rose of Sharon, your lily of the valley

Song of Solomon

2 comments:

Waterrose said...

Oh, these pieces are beautiful. I was looking throught the blog ring and found you! Wonderful!

Wychbury said...

Thank you so much! I've just looked at your Etsy shop and wow.... The Jacobean Cuffs? Just amazing! I've never seen anything like them before! Beautiful!

Lesley. xxx